FINANCIAL RELIEF RESOURCES
Malheur Federal Credit Union is here for our members during this difficult and stressful time. If you have been financially affected by the Coronavirus pandemic, our team is ready to provide financial support and discuss solutions. We understand each persons is unique, give us a call to identify options and solutions to help you.
Life Happens Loan Program
- Life Happens Loan
- 3% for up to $2,500
- No loan/application fee
- First payment after 60 days
- Life Happens Skip Payment
- Skip up to 3 months
- No fee
- Not available for mortgages or commercial loan
*Restrictions may apply*
How You Can Stay Safe & Prevent Spreading the Disease
- Cash used in transactions
- Debit and credit cards
- Transaction card readers and ATMs (anything with a pin pad)
- Door handles
- Public spaces with food and drinks
It is recommended that if you touch items other people interact with, wash and clean your hands often and avoid touching your face until you can do so. Disinfect items you regularly touch like your wallet, debit and credit cards, your smartphone, and your computer. We are taking steps internally to prevent the spread of germs and ask our members to do the same. If you are sick, it may be best to use a remote method to contact us. Our online banking, live chat, Support Center, and mobile app are all great ways to do your banking from a remote location.
Should I Withdraw Extra Cash?
- Cash is vulnerable. Credit union accounts are federally insured to $250,000, making them a gazillion times safer than keeping your money under the mattress or in your pocket. If you cash is stolen from your house, car, or wallet, you’re out of luck, whereas losses from a stolen debit or credit card often are reimbursed. Since 1957, no one has ever lost a dime in savings at MFCU or any other federally insured credit union.
- Cash is not required. With so many secure ways to access your accounts and to pay your bills, there’s almost no reason you’ll need extra cash. The safest choice is to let your credit union keep your money safe in the vault, then pay with your convenient debit or credit card, or write a check, at the store. Plus, you can pay bills and loans online from your Bill Pay within online banking, or use our mobile app to deposit checks from home.
- Cash is tempting. With restaurants, conventions, sports and entertainment centers, and other public places forces to close during the coronavirus outbreak, you may actually need less cash at this time. Unless, of course, you’ve got it stuffed in your wallet, tempting you to spend money you would not have spent if it were secure in the bank, earning dividends.
- Cash is, well, kind of dirty. As regards your personal health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends always washing hands thoroughly after handling cash, because you never know where it’s been. It’s a good idea to keep a few dollars on hand for parking meters, yard sales, and so on. But carrying around your personal savings will not protect you from viruses or financial hardship.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
Branch Lobbies Status
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MAY 26
All MFCU branches are reopen and ready to serve our members.
For the health and safety of our staff and members we are observing social distancing best practices including:
- Cleaning and sanitizing spaces between appointments
- 6′ of space between people
- Limiting the amount of people in a branch at a time
- Appointments are highly encouraged for new loans or accounts
- No appointment necessary for Teller transactions
Health and Safety
Reaching out from Home
For your convenience, we offer multiple ways to get in touch with MFCU. If you need help with anything you can:
Need to Manage Your Account?
As much as all of us at MFCU enjoy seeing our members, we understand there can be hesitance around visiting public spaces. You’re in luck! There is no need to come into any branch to manage your money. MFCU offers safe and convenient alternatives that are accessible 24/7. The resources below can manage every aspect of your MFCU membership including balance inquiries, transferring funds, making payments, and much more.
- Home and Mobile Banking – Not enrolled? Enroll Now
- Support Center – (541) 889-3149
- Phone Teller – (541) 889-1151 or (877) 889-1151